In this article, I will be discussing everything about Long Anime vs Short Anime. You will also know the recent trend of long anime vs short anime. I will also provide a list of what I believe to be the top long animes. I hope that by the end of this article, you will have a better understanding of the two different types of anime and be able to make a decision on which you prefer. Thank you for taking the time to read this article.
Long Anime & Short Anime: Complete Difference
What Is Considered Long Anime?
Anime that is considered long is typically over 50 episodes. This can be a daunting number for some viewers, but it also allows for a more in-depth story. Long anime also tend to have a higher budget, which means better production values.
What Is Short Anime?
Short anime is typically defined as any anime that is more or less than 13 episodes in length. This can be a single cour anime (11-13 episodes) or a half-hour anime (6-11 episodes). There are also mini-series which are even shorter, typically 3-5 episodes.
Short anime tend to be more focused and concise in their storytelling, often leaving out filler material common in longer series. As a result, short anime can be a great way to experience a new series without having to commit a lot of time to it.
|Difference||Long Anime||Short Anime|
|Episodes||50+ Episodes||<13 Episodes (approximately)|
|Story Line||In-depth Story||Concise Storyline|
|Time Taking||More Time||Less Time|
|Budget||High Budget, High Production Cost||Less Production Cost|
Benefits of Long Anime & Short Anime
There are benefits to both long and short anime. Long anime tend to have more complex storylines and develop the characters more deeply. They also tend to be more visually impressive, with higher production values. Short anime, on the other hand, are often more light-hearted and easy to watch.
They can be a great way to relax after a long day, or simply to enjoy a quick dose of entertainment. Both long and short anime have their own unique appeal, and it really comes down to personal preference as to which is better. Some prefer the in-depth storytelling of long anime, while others prefer the simplicity of short anime. Ultimately, it is up to the viewer to decide what they want to watch.
The disadvantage of Long Anime & Short Anime
There are a few disadvantages to both long and short anime. For long anime, one of the main disadvantages is that it can be difficult to maintain viewer interest for such a long period. This is especially true if the story is not particularly engaging or if the pacing is slow.
Additionally, long anime can be expensive to produce, so there may be fewer episodes overall. For short anime, one of the main disadvantages is that there may not be enough time to fully develop the characters and world, leaving viewers unsatisfied. Additionally, short anime may be less likely to get picked up for a second season, so viewers may not get the closure they desire.
Top Long Animes Examples
There are many great long animes out there, but here are our top picks:
1. One Piece – This anime is currently over 1000 episodes long, and follows the adventures of a young pirate named Monkey D. Luffy as he sets out to find the legendary treasure known as One Piece.
2. Naruto – This anime is over 700 episodes long, and follows the story of a young ninja who dreams of becoming the Hokage, the strongest ninja in his village.
3. Bleach – This anime is over 300 episodes long, and tells the story of a teenage boy named Ichigo who gains the ability to see ghosts after coming into contact with a Soul Reaper.
Honorable Mentions – Dragon Ball Z, Fairy Tale, Hunter x Hunter, Black Clover, etc.
Read More: [Charming] 10 Best Romantic Animes To Watch In 2023
Top Short Animes Examples
Most of the New Gen anime is short anime. Here are some of our top picks:
1. Death Note is a classic anime that tells the story of a high school student who finds a notebook that allows him to kill anyone whose name he writes in it. The anime is only 37 episodes long, but it is packed with action, suspense, and intrigue.
2. Attack on Titan is another great short anime. It is set in a world where humanity is forced to live behind walls to protect themselves from giant man-eating creatures called Titans. The anime is only 25 episodes long, but it is full of non-stop action and excitement.
3. Jujutsu Kaisen is a great short anime that tells the story of a high school boy who accidentally ate a prehistoric curse object and has become the vessel to the World’s greatest threat. The anime is only 24 episodes long, but it is full of non-stop action and excitement.
Honorable Mentions – One Punch Man, Demon Slayer, Monster, etc.
Trend Decrease Now For Long Animes
There has been a recent trend of shorter anime series being released, and this has led to a decrease in the popularity of long anime series. This is likely because shorter anime series are easier to produce and require less investment from both the studio and the viewers.
Additionally, shorter anime series are generally more accessible to a wider audience, as they can be consumed in a shorter amount of time. As a result, it is not surprising that the trend has been towards shorter anime series in recent years.
In conclusion, it seems that the popularity of long anime is on the decline, while short anime is becoming more and more popular. This could be because people’s attention spans are getting shorter, or it could be because long anime is simply too time-consuming to watch. Whatever the reason, it’s clear that the future of anime lies in shorter, more concise shows.
To conclude, there is no clear winner between long anime and short anime. It really depends on what the viewer is looking for in their anime experience. Some people prefer the longer, more involved stories that come with long anime, while others prefer the shorter, more concise stories told in short anime. There are benefits and disadvantages to both, so it really comes down to personal preference.
1 thought on “Long Anime Vs Short Anime: Complete Difference (NO DOUBT)”